Meeting Minutes 2020 Annual General Meeting - June 25th. 2020
Present: Julian Sale, Ritchie Zelk, Ken Alsop, Kerry Gennings, Martin Alderwick, Bob Berry, Bob Paul, Gordon Framst, Earlby Wakefield, John Sneyd, Dave McEwen, Don McCombie, Gary Luck, Warren Gregg, Soren Sondergaard, Bill Stevens, John Proctor, John Martin, Bob Reeve, Tony Wagner, David Moller, Frank Webster, Ed Herold, Ken Marchant, Del Campbell, Bill Richards
The meeting opened at 10:10 am 1) Welcome and Opening Remarks President Julian Sale opened the virtual meeting and welcomed to all present. There were 25 members present. Julian announced that the virtual meetings seemed to be going quite well with as many as 30+ members attending on occasion. We will continue with this format. In terms of this meeting we will go through it quickly because everything was sent out in the Annual Report and put on the website some time ago. The nominations report was included and a covering letter was emailed separately to all members in advance.
2) Approval of Minutes of June 13, 2019 The 2019 – 2020 AGM Report including the minutes of last year’s AGM was presented to the membership on the Club’s website and an email notice was sent to everyone in advance of this meeting. This report is presented as written. M/S Kerry Gennings / Del Campbell Motion: To approve the minutes of June 13th, 2019 (last year’s AGM) Carried
3) Committee Reports See copy of reports in the June 25, 2020 AGM Annual Report President’s Report Julian Sale Speakers’ Committee Report John Sneyd Membership Committee Report Del Campbell Activities Committee Report Ken Marchant House Committee Report Bob Reeve Communications Committee Ritchie Zelk M/S Julian Sale / Gordon Framst Motion: To accept all Committee Reports as printed in June 25th, 2020 Annual Report. Carried
4) Treasurer's Report – David Moller - We are running a deficit this year which means our reserves are down to about $4,200. - We are presently collecting fees for the current year and about 35 members have paid to date. - We increased fees by $5 to a new rate of $85 for the yearly membership and may need to increase them again next year to address the deficit. - An up to date budget will be presented at the next Board Meeting. M/S David Moller / Frank Webster Motion: To accept the Treasurer’s Report as printed in the Annual General Report Carried
(See Below) FINANCIAL STATEMENT (May 16, 2020)
5) Nominations Committee Report – Martin Alderwick (Slate of proposed directors and proposed appointments) Frank Webster President Julian Sale Vice-President Kerry Gennings Secretary David Moller Treasurer Martin Alderwick Past-President Ken Marchant Chair, Activities Committee John Sneyd Chair, Speakers’ Committee Del Campbell Chair, Membership Committee Bob Berry Chair, House Committee Ritchie Zelk Chair, Communications Committee John Sheflin Member-At-Large
M/S Martin Alderwick / Ed Herold Motion: To accept the Nominations Committee Report as printed in June 25th, 2020 Annual Report. Carried
6) Election Results Note: Voting for the positions of directors was conducted on-line by notifying members by email of the ballot to be cast and submitted in the period June 23rd and 24th leading up to this meeting.
President Julian Sale announced the results as follows: Ballots cast: 35 Ballots spoiled: 0 Ballots in favour: 35 Ballots against: 0 Therefore, all members nominated were elected.
7) New Business
Results of Membership Survey on Virtual Meetings There were 33 responses
In terms of continuing as an active member - 100% said “Yes”;
Are you familiar with Zoom - 32 said “yes” and one person said “no” but would like some guidance to learn;
- The overall sense is that there is a core of members who want to continue club membership relying on Zoom for virtual meetings. - Our challenge will be to get to the other people who have not responded and to utilize the phone-tree to connect with them. - Re: continuing with virtual lectures: - 75% said they were willing to continue with virtual lectures; - 19% said “maybe” meaning they might pick and choose the speaker presentation; - 6% said “No” - Re: continuing with virtual coffee mornings: - 69% said “yes”; - 22% said “no” - 9% said “maybe” - Do you regularly access the RCMC website?: - 69% said “yes”; - 31% said “no”; - Do you prefer to access the speakers notes on the website on your own time?: - 59% said “sometimes” - 25% said “yes” - 16% said “no” - If we reactivate club activities, would you participate?: - 75% said “yes” - 22% said “maybe” End of survey results.
On behalf of the membership, Soren Sondergaard thanked Julian Sale for his leadership during this term of office as president.
On behalf of the membership, Gordon Framst thanked the entire Board for responding and keeping the Club active and relevant.
8) Announcements President Julian Sale, on behalf of the membership and the Board, thanked Bob Reeve for his dedicated service as Chair of the House Committee for the past four years. And on behalf of the Board of Directors, Julian Sale welcomed Bob Berry to the Board to prospectively fill the position of House Committee Chairperson.