1) Welcome President Martin Alderwick opened the meeting and bid a welcome to all present. There were 46 members present. President Alderwick made note that the minutes of last year’s meeting and the committee reports were all included in the AGM report and members were notified that these were on the Club’s website at least one week prior to this meeting.
2) Approval of Minutes of June 14, 2018 The 2018 – 2019 AGM Report including the minutes of last year’s AGM was presented to the membership on the Club’s website and an email notice was sent to everyone 7 days prior to this meeting. This report is presented as written.
M/S Tom Beale / Gary Luck Motion: To approve the minutes of June 14th, 2018 (last year’s AGM) Carried
3-8) Committee Reports See copy of reports in the June 13, 2019 AGM Report
President’s Report: M/S Martin Alderwick / Julian Sale Carried Speakers’ Committee Report M/S Julian Sale / Kerry Gennings Carried Activities Committee Report M/S Ray Biffis / Ritchie Zelk Carried Membership Committee Report M/S Del Campbell / Ray Biffis Carried House Committee Report M/S Bob Reeve / John Sheflin Carried Communications Committee Report M/S Ritchie Zelk / Julian Sale Carried
9) Treasurer's Report – Alex Wilson
Using the not-for-profit format for financial statements, the information for the twelve months ending March 31, 2109 are shown below.
This is my final report as Treasurer with my term finishing at the annual meeting. I have enjoyed support of the board, and all the committee chairs who take on the burden of tracking attendance and payments for many of the events. Many many thanks to all.
On behalf of the members, thanks are extended to David Moller for his assistance and his review of the financial records and statements. David’s report accompanies the statements that follow. Please refer to Archives for full report.
10) Nominations Committee Report The following members were nominated and agreed to stand for the position of Director for the term of 2018 – 2020:
Martin Alderwick Del Campbell Kerry Gennings Ken Marchant David Moller Bob Reeve Julian Sale John Sheflin John Sneyd Frank Webster Ritchie Zelk
Call for further nominations from the floor: None
M/S Martin Alderwick / Alex Wilson Motion: That the slate of nominees as put forth be declared elected as Directors. Carried
12) New Business There was no new business
13) Announcements A short meeting of the new Board of Directors will follow immediately upon adjournment of today’s general membership meeting at 11:00am in the hall.
14) Adjournment Moved by: Gordon Framst Motion: To adjournment (@ 10:00 am) Carried