1) Welcome The Annual General Membership meeting was held at Trinity United Church and began at 9:45 am with 37 members in attendance and President Ed Herold chairing. He welcomed everyone with a special welcome to Julian Sale, today’s presenter.
2) Approval of Minutes of June 8th, 2017 The 2017 – 2018 AGM Report including the minutes of last year’s AGM was presented to the membership on the Club’s website and an email notice was sent to everyone 5 days prior to this meeting. This report is presented as written in that report.
M/S Tom Beale / Gordon Framst Motion: To approve the minutes of June 8th, 2017 (last year’s AGM) Carried
3-8) Committee Reports
See 2017 – 2018 AGM Report
M/S Gary Luck / Don McCombie Motion: To accept the Committee Reports Carried
9) Treasurer's Report – Alex Wilson
The financial statements for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017 are presented below in the standardized format for non-profit organizations.
With enthusiastic effort of committee chairs and individuals as events and other situations arise, the task of tracking attendance and payments for the various events and activities held by the club is managed in a way that eases the role of the treasurer. A much deserved thank you to all of them !
On behalf of the members, I would like to thank David Moller for his review of the financial records. His report to you, the RCMC club members, accompanies the financial statements.. My thanks to the board for their support throughout the year.
M/S Alex Wilson / John Fralich Motion: To accept the Treasurer’s Reports Carried
10) Membership Review Report M/S Alex Wilson / Gary Luck Motion: To accept the Membership Review Report Carried 11) Nominations Committee – Martin Alderwick (for John Proctor)
The slate of nominees for 2017 – 2018 Board of Directors is as presented in the AGM Report:
Martin Alderwick (President) Julian Sale (Vice-President and Chair, Speakers’ Committee) Kerry Gennings (Secretary) Alex Wilson (Treasurer) Ed Herold Past-President Ray Biffis (Chair, Activities Committee) Del Campbell (Chair, Membership Committee) Bob Reeve (Chair, House Committee) Ritchie Zelk (Chair, Communications Committee) John Sheflin (Member-At-Large)
Call for further nominations: M/S Julian Sale / Kerry Gennings Motion: To nominate John Sneyd
Since no further nominations were made, nominations were closed.
John Sneyd: Do you accept or decline the nomination for the position of Director? John Sneyd replied in the affirmative.
All people nominated agreed to stand for election to the position of Director.
Then accordingly, all people nominated are elected by acclamation.
12) New Business There is no new business
13) Announcements It was announced that two members passed away in the past year: John Newfelt and Ron McHattie
14) Adjournment Moved by: Soren Sondergaard Motion: To adjournment @ 10:10 am Carried